Friday, January 18, 2013

CRITICAL CROW CORNER
















What some of you may not understand, or remember (I was featured briefly last year and have been in seclusion, working) is that I am A POET.  While it is true I was featured as an astute observer of the local urban environment - it is not my first love. In fact, I despise the current urban scene.  This used to be a decent neighborhood, littered with oily fast-food wrappers and spilled malt liquor. Now it's a bleak landscape of salted caramel and the occasional pomme frite.   I would die happily never having to lick up another inch of IPA. What is it with you people? Have you not the decency to indulge in repugnant snacks?
No matter... I am above these small and highly disturbing details of urban lack-of-blight. I am better than that. I have important WORK to complete. In hindsight, things were much easier when the morning worm was floating in a discarded meth batch. Oh boy, we were flying in those days. But I digress...  Yes, I am ascending, not like the lark. In fact, small birds are not on my radar. I have no time for them and their incessant chattering.  My time is better spent in pursuit of the MUSE! I am close to pecking new ground in my pursuit of the perfect poem. Soon it will be complete and the chattering will cease. The #4 bus will screech to a halt, the pale and skinny two-legged hoards put down their pints, the dogs discard their cardigans and every squirrel miss its branch when I unveil the as-yet-untitled masterstroke of genius! Nothing will ever be the same again. I must go now, I have left my almost-completed manuscript in the upper branches, where I will peruse, ponder and persist!

No comments: