Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Black Speaks Out

Don't pretend you don't see me. I get this all the time, people think just because there's nothing reflecting back, it isn't there. Well here's a bit of news for you all:
I ABSORB EVERYTHNG!
You all are obsessed with BLUE and YELLOW and ORANGE, like they can cure all your ills and brighten up your day.  But what you don't realize is that they are just lying to you. That's right. They  just throw back what you want to see like a cheap hue. They don't possess any depth, it's just a surface trick to lure you in.  Can't you see? I'm the real thing! I have DEPTH and I will tell you the TRUTH!! When you are lost on a moonless night, trying to find  the way, I'm there for you. But do you see? NO! You act like a hopeless ass and stumble around falling into the ground.  What do I have to do to get your attention?
 When you got locked in that closet when you were five and screamed and pounded on the door, I was there for you. When you woke up from that hideous nightmare with a fever I was there... but you just stared at me like I was nothing.  Soon the light came on and I disappeared.
But I'd rather be invisible than a sellout rainbow - what a ruse they are, nothing but a bunch of show off primaries prancing about with droplets.
 At least white has some self-respect. As far apart as we are, I take my black hat off to white. That's a class act. Nothing gets past white. It must be easy, not absorbing and being so bright and all.
Still, I wouldn't give up my mystique for anything. I have an aura that even a candle has trouble holding up to. Cats and witches and clergy would be just pets and cranks and silly men in cloaks of a different color without me.
The world would miss me if I were gone. But I know one thing for sure. There's more of me out there than anything else and one day all your lights will go out. I'm talkin' 'bout the BIG LIGHT! That's right, the damn SUN will eventually be done and then I'll get my day in the... uh, well I'll just be all there is I guess. Wow.
Anyway, sorry for ranting. I just get overwhelmed sometimes.  Whatever happens, don't be afraid of me.

No comments: