Saturday, February 2, 2013

Royston Montgomery Pemberton

Hello most forthrightly! That is, I'm introducing myself, as it were... if you catch the drift I'm leaning toward, and I most sincerely hope that you do. My name is as listed in the above title, but you can call me Roy. Monty if you prefer, but in truth - Pemberton is the name ascribed me when the feet hit the floor, which I assure you happens when I am awaken, usually daily. My reason for addressing this forum, while not entirely clear to me since I only recently arose from a rather ambitious nap, I can only guess is for a good cause. What?  Yes, well I will do my best. Always aim to please you know!
In truth, things have been topsy and all around out-of-the norm for my sort of breed. The cold requires that I spend a sometimes exhausting amount of time indoors and off the hunt, so to speak. The fire warms the hearth where I am often found in deep contemplation and, in truth, much needed recovery, and I take great comfort in using this time to, uh, catch up on my rest.  One can only do as one must, and that is what I do when I am sleeping.
Well! It's been tremendously pleasant introducing myself under difficult circumstances, considering the evening meal is still an hour off. I will excuse myself now and bid you all a good evening as I must prepare and conserve my energy for the coming repast. Sleep well and dream of foxes. Goodbye!

No comments: